Who Can Enroll
If you live within the area bounded by Wilshire and Santa Monica boulevards, Sepulveda Boulevard, and the Los Angeles Country Club, then your home school is Fairburn Avenue Elementary. If your child will be five years old by September 1, 2017, then he or she is eligible to enroll in Kindergarten in Fall 2017. In 2017 Fairburn will also have a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) class for children whose birthdays fall between September 2 and December 2, 2017.
Fairburn will be hosting Open House Tours for prospective families from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m. on the following days:
November 3, 2016
January 12, 2017
February 9, 2017
April 20, 2017
Enrollment packets will be available on Thursday, April 27, 2017, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., to parents who can prove residency with one of the following documents:
(1) RENTAL/LEASE agreement listing all tenants and a copy of a cancelled rent/lease check. The name, address and telephone number of the property owner MUST be included in the agreement.
(2) A current GAS or ELECTRIC BILL (within 30 days), showing parent’s name and address. Note: a verification service letter from the gas or electric company may be substituted for a current monthly bill.
2017–18 enrollment will start on Monday, May 1, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Siblings of students already enrolled at Fairburn may register on Friday, April 28, at 8:30 a.m.
What To Bring
Parents will take home the enrollment packet to complete and bring the entire packet back to school with the required supporting documents for your child as follows:
(1) Proof of Birth Date. Original birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certification.
(2) Immunization Records. Each child must have proof of immunizations to enroll/ attend school.
(3) Hepatitis B Vaccine. California State Law requires Hepatitis B Series for all Kindergarten, first, second, and third grade students.
(4) Varicella Vaccine. Required for all Kindergarten students.
(5) Hepatitis A Vaccine. Recommended but not required.
(6) Proof of Address. Bring one of the following: (1) RENTAL/LEASE agreement listing all tenants and a copy of a cancelled rent/lease check. The name, address and telephone number of the property owner MUST be included in the agreement OR (2) A current GAS or ELECTRIC BILL (within 30 days), showing parent’s name and address. A verification service letter from the gas or electric company may be substituted for the current monthly bill.
(7) Your child. Once you have completed all forms in your enrollment packet your child must accompany you or we will not be able to register him/her (kindergarten students only).